Thursday, September 18, 2008

Vegas Art Expo

The Hubs just left for another art show, of sorts. This one is the Las Vegas Art Expo. It is a schmooz-fest for artists, publishers, buyers, galleries but on a GIANORMOUS scale. Usually the Hub's work is represented at the New York Art Expo, but for the past two years, he has been keeping it closer to home. It is always interesting seeing the new work that is out on the scene, the familiar and of course there are the folks that try to knock-off another well-known artists work. This happened to an artist friend of ours. Not only was his work being sold at a kiosk in the same vicinity where his home gallery was, the replicas were featured in a well known home-goods catalog called "Horchow". From time to time I'll ask my husband if he is nervous that someone will try to knock-off his signature style and he says, "they can try to copy what I have already done, which would be quite challenging, but they'll never be able to know what I am going to do in the future". What an optimist! I tell you, I love that man. And you will too, check out his work.

No comments: