Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adorable!



Just spotted this adorable knit lobster on PetitePurls.com via Soulemama. I have knit a couple of toys animals for my boys (two dinosaurs, a pink bunny and a cupcake). I think a lobster or two should be next on the list! I have a knit night coming up this week and this could be just the thing to start on while gossiping, guzzling wine (or beer in my case. lately wine has been making me horribly nauseous. boo.) and laughing my a** off.

Knit night is great. Once a month I get together with a bunch of really cool ladies of varied ages. This group of women, we might not have even befriended each other if it weren't for knitting, and they are the COOLEST group of ladies! We are all of varied backgrounds, life-choices, ages and we have such a great time together. The kicker is the Hubs thinks its just a harmless bunch of old folks that get together and knit.

If you are a knitter or aspire to learn, there are many established knitting groups out there. To find one in your area just go to Ravelry.com and sign up. Or locally, there is a "knit up" the first and third Sundays 3p.m. at the Whistlestop Bar in SouthPark. A great place to go and get Knit-Faced!

No comments: