Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bandwagon


Okay, I just now hopped on the Twilight bandwagon. Probably because I am a 36 year old mom of two.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about then go here. Twilight is a phenom with the teen crowd (think Harry Potter)
Twilight started out as a series of books and came out as a movie last fall. Another movie is scheduled to release this fall. Folks, I just passed by the book while I was at Costco, it was only $6 so I picked it up and thought, "what the heck, let's see what the buzz is about". I have two kids under 4 running around all day long needing my attention. It was a 500+ page book and I read it in 3 days. It was jaw dropping. I think what made it so interesting was the incredible dynamic of forbidden love. Think Romeo and Juliet but with vampires and in my opinion much more of a connection. OH that is another thing, I don't consider myself a vampire-novel-movie etc type of girl but dang, this book has got me hooked.
Additionally, what has me so inspired that this is a book created over a summer by a mom of three boys. Read her story here. She has done a great job writing and keeping her audience hooked. I can't say enough good things about this series and I look forward to making the time to read the next book!

No comments: