Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mixing work with pleasure

Last night the Hubs went in to the gallery to do a painting demo for clients who happened into the Gaslamp location. Many times people stop in just to meet the artist whom they collect but have never met. My in-laws volunteered to have the boys spend the night at their place. As a last minute request I asked my mom to watch our baby girl and VOILA! Date night. It was so fun spending time in the gallery watching my husband paint and talking with clients. Just spending time with adults was glorious! We ended up going out with friends afterward and had a great time. Here is the kicker; as much as we crave time without our kids around, we each started to get butterflies when we went to pick up our daughter. We were so excited to see her, and I'm sure we'll have the same exuberant feeling when we go to pick up the boys this afternoon. It's a funny thing, being a parent. Prior to having kids, I never in my life would have imagined how much work it is. So. Tiring. And yet, I love it, over and over again.

No comments: