Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Game Ever

Sidetracking from my normal babbling and sticking with the bragging I have a little news to share; Michael Flohr had the best golf game ever and I was there to witness! We played golf with our dear friend/adopted family member Steve Long and Corey Johnson yesterday at Balboa Park 18-hole. (Corey's wife, the lovely Adriana is my cupcake baking business partner and friend.) It was Steve's birthday and we all got up at the butt crack of dawn to play. Steve likes to play eeeeaaaarly.

Let's skip to the chase shall we?
Michael Flohr scored a 77!
Best game of his life and he played it with me.
It felt so good to see him so happy and I felt good because, although half of my game was in the toilet, the other half wasn't bad!
Not a bad way to celebrate Steve being born. Even though it was a looooooooooooooooonnng time ago. (hee hee).

In other news, I have been making a conscious effort to do more for myself and less for others. Okay, okay, kidding about the less for others part, but very much serious on the me part. Hope I can keep it up. I'll need your encouragement, so if I can get a "hell yeah!" every now and then, it would be appreciated. I need ideas. How do you carve out some "me" time for yourself when you've got a family to manage?

No comments: