Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sundays

There really is no excuse for missing out on this. After all, I can see it from my house! When I don't go, I feel this immense guilt.
Church? Nope, I'm talking about the Farmer's Market on Sunday. photo courtesy of Hober's photostream on flickr
I am set when I go with the kids. I go up to the big orange coffee truck and get a great cup of Joe. Then I walk up and get a portable breakfast for all of us, walk a little further up and plop down on a mat in front of the musician's tent. They play anything from bluegrass to alt. country and I soak up life as the kids dance and clap their hands. After sitting a spell, we go on the hunt for veggies and the last stop I make is for the organic vendor's "I swear I just killed it yesterday" $20(!!) whole chicken, with a foot thrown in for free (for the kids to look at)! Wild huh? Sunday roasted chicken, recipe here, with a bounty of veggies for supper. It's become quite a tradition. What are your favorite things to buy at the Farmer's Market?

1 comment:

Alice Q. Foodie said...

those chickens are pretty cool, and the feet are great for stock! I have a new favorite thing every week, so I don't even know where to begin on that. I am amazed I haven't run into you there yet though!